get in and close the door






Recently, I've been really nostalgic for the life i lived formerly. I used to be very NEO-SOUL....(angie remembers my Common Knit hats and scarfs lol). I would like try to go to Black Lily and loved Jazzyfatnastees and the whole shabang. But over the years, glamorized and overrated "pop" came into me and I started to like what the masses love.

Over the past month, I've been getting back into my NeO-Soul roots. I've been listening to Van Hunt alot and getting in with Amel Larrieux. Van Hunt's self titled debut remains a classic for me. I remember the days of listening to "Dust" and "Hold My Hand" in complete awe and Amel Larrieux has always been one of the puriest voices I've ever heard.


Van Hunt's cd Popular is out as well as Amel Larriex's Lovely Standards. I highly recommend these both.


Long Live Soul



Some of my fave Van Hunt songs:
Dust
Down Here in Hell
Seconds of Pleasure
Precious
Hold My Hand
Being A Girl
The Night is Young
Character

Some of my fave Amel Larrieux songs:
Sweet Misery
Weary
Get Up
Younger Than Springtime
For Real
Infinite Possibilities
Shine
We Could Be

0 comments:


 

Blair Blanco 2009 | Cash and Caviar