Jazmine Sullivan in Los Angeles on Dec. 3, for Grammy nom. announcements.




Anytime someone gifted and talented from my hometown has their gifts recognized and honored, I am that much more grateful that I am from the "City of Soul," that is Philly. I just want to give a shout out to one of the many hometown greats, singer-songwriter Jazmine Sullivan, who was nominated for five grammy nominations, including Best R&B Contemporary album for her album, Fearless. Although Jazmine seems as if she's a newbie on the scene, she's been working in the biz for years. She's worked alongside producers Cool and Dre, and even pegging hits such as "Say I" for Christina Milian and writing for Jennifer Hudson's debut album. My money's on Jazmine, come February 8, when the Grammy's are presented.

Sidenote: Congrats to Nas, Jennifer Hudson, Jay-Z, Alicia Keys, Ne-Yo, and Kanye West. There's more that I'd show luv to, but there's just too many...Congrats, guys.

0 comments:


 

Blair Blanco 2009 | Cash and Caviar