The Legendary Roots Crew



Tina Fey



Santogold





Again, I fell asleep and missed last night's episode of Jiimmy Fallon. But luckily, Questlove kept me up to date on Twitter. It turns out it was a Philly reunion last night courtesy of Jimmy's latest gig. Tina Fey stopped by to reminisce with Jimmy on SNL days. She hails from Upper Darby (those of you who don't know, that's apart of Phily, too.) Jon Bon Jovi,(not from Philly, from Jersey, but mine as well)did some karaoke with a fan. Santogold graced the stage to perform "Brooklyn Goes Hard" but yes, is from Germantown, and was accompanied by Spank Rock who holds it down in West Philly. I love that The Roots (P.S. Back off ya'll! The Tuba player's mine!) are ushering in Philly soul to the late night circuit. What I love even more, is that Santi's dancers broke into the Wu-Tang on the show...DOPE!

Note: I saw a couple of faces I recognized in the audience, one was writer and former host of BET's Black Carpet, Toure'. Go here to watch the entire show.

2 comments:

  1. Kisa Zoea said...

    Philly Baby!...
    I didn't even know Tina fey was from here...  

  2. Unknown said...

    the livest hip hop band ever....

    2 1 FEF!  


 

Blair Blanco 2009 | Cash and Caviar