Denise + baby's name makes 6



A couple of weeks ago, I asked a good friend of mine who his favorite Cosby was. Immediately, he looked at me and smiled, it was one of those "I'm smitten" looks, and shortly after he muttered, "The mom." I guess if I was a pre-pubescent boy who grew up watching The Cosby Show, I would've been fawning over Claire, too. I mean, she was bad. But for me, my favorite Cosby was the girl with the ever-evolving style and the hair to match, the girl who tried to re-create a "Gordon Gartrell" for her brother Theo (If you haven't seen that episode, you don't know Cosby), the girl who was always a little out of place. That girl was Denise.

I could always identify with her, she was smart--as am I, and somewhat indecisive, as I must admit, so am I. But what intrigued me about Denise is that she just didn't give a_____what! And she looked fly doing it. B. Blanco says that's the Cosby I would've been, I have to agree. Now Denise, or should I say Lisa Bonet has always been an icon to me, but I have to say one thing I don't agree with is her choice in baby names.

As much as I would've loved L.B. and Lenny to make it work, I guess it just wasn't in the cards, but she found someone else. His name is Jason Momoa and he and Lisa have a daughter together named Lola Iolani and recently welcomed a new baby son at the end of December. Jason's an actor on the show, Stargate Atlantis, (No, I don't watch it.) He's a cutie of Hawaiian heritage, which explains the name of he and Lisa's newest addition, Nakoa Wolf Manakauapo Namakaeha Momoa. Jason's mother explains on his website, "He was born on the stormiest, rainy night.” She says the weather influenced the baby's extravagantly long name.



I still got love for you Lis, but umm, a nickname wouldn't hurt. Just a suggestion.

0 comments:


 

Blair Blanco 2009 | Cash and Caviar