he gave good pop




So I got my new Nov. issue of Vanity Fair in the mail like last week (the one with a bewitching Amy Adams on the cover) and I came across a little article about pop artist Keith Haring, entitled "Pop to the People: Keith Haring’s graffiti art is back in style." He is mostly synonymous with his depictions of distorted smiley faces with three eyes and moving cube figurines. He also created the Crack is Wack mural in the Harlem River Park. As a child, I remember seeing the cubed figurines that he created and loved them, but never knew the artist. To my surprise he also grew up in Kutztown (no comment), Pennsylvania. His mastery is spellbinding and I so would love a Keith Haring in my home.






go to his website and gag if you must:

0 comments:


 

Blair Blanco 2009 | Cash and Caviar